[Comicsstudiessociety] Reviewer desired for IJOCA - The Comic Strip Art of Jack B. Yeats (worldwide!)

Mike Rhode mrhode at gmail.com
Fri Jan 28 09:27:52 EST 2022

We've got a digital copy of this book. 1st person to email me at
mrhode at gmail.com

Mike

The Comic Strip Art of Jack B. Yeats
https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://link.springer.com/book/10.1007/978-3-030-76893-5__;!!KGKeukY!jt0rl-w86pj4P14FZqbdwAN3i_SuEy3O9hyzsKJRQaj8bgKTWnENDAO05kXazO5ONXDx1hXG3BXJ$

   - Authors
   - (view affiliations)
   <https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://link.springer.com/book/10.1007/978-3-030-76893-5*authorsandaffiliationsbook__;Iw!!KGKeukY!jt0rl-w86pj4P14FZqbdwAN3i_SuEy3O9hyzsKJRQaj8bgKTWnENDAO05kXazO5ONXDx1uZ97EGr$ >

   - Michael Connerty

   -

   Argues for a reassessment of Yeats as a professional comic strip artist
   during a twenty-five year period prior to his success as a painter
   -

   Outlines his central position at a number of London-based comic
   publications, such as Comic Cuts and The Funny Wonder, which sold in the
   hundreds of thousands every week, and interrogates the absence of this
   material from art-historical and biographical accounts of his career
   -

   Centres on a critical evaluation of the long-overlooked characters that
   Yeats designed, such as the Conan Doyle parody Chubblock Homes, the
   performing horse Signor McCoy, and numerous other popular series of the
   period