[Comicsstudiessociety] Inks 5.2 Now Available

Whitted, Qiana WHITTEDQ at mailbox.sc.edu
Wed Sep 22 07:42:17 EDT 2021

Dear Colleagues,

The latest edition of Inks: The Journal of the Comics Studies Society is now live! The issue is available to read on Project Muse<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://muse.jhu.edu/issue/46161__;!!KGKeukY!nw9rZ6TSoaVmcpUtCz71JgeRiZSdVTVkNaCBO2aPwJLs9r0fWExAhaCcElDTx5zMYAPCjkJ_XWQR$ > and current members with a print subscription will receive a hard copy. See below for the essays, features, and book reviews in this issue.

Stay current on comics scholarship by purchasing or renewing your CSS membership<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://comicssociety.org/membership/__;!!KGKeukY!nw9rZ6TSoaVmcpUtCz71JgeRiZSdVTVkNaCBO2aPwJLs9r0fWExAhaCcElDTx5zMYAPCjrbK9ZBa$ >. If you are interested in submitting a manuscript to Inks, our guidelines can be found here<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://inks.comicssociety.org/__;!!KGKeukY!nw9rZ6TSoaVmcpUtCz71JgeRiZSdVTVkNaCBO2aPwJLs9r0fWExAhaCcElDTx5zMYAPCjl_e0QJZ$ >.

Inks 5.2 Contents

Essays

  *   “‘Sometimes My Hand Shakes So Much I Have To Hold My Wrist To Draw’: Charles M. Schulz and Disability” by Michelle Ann Abate
  *   “The Aesthetic and Political Economy of Betrayal in Oesterheld’s Two Versions of The Eternaut I” by Yosa Vidal
  *   “‘The Fearless Spaceman Spiff, Interplanetary Explorer Extraordinaire’: Parodic Imagination and the Pulp Aesthetic in Bill Watterson’s Calvin and Hobbes” by Justin Wigard

>From the Field

  *   “‘I Am Always Amazed About What I Find Out When I Get On The Ground’: Joe Sacco On, Before, and After the Page” by Rik Spanjers, Aimée de Jongh, and Kees Ribbens

>From the Archives

  *   “Vernon E. Grant Collection” by Wendy Pflug

Book Reviews

  *   Children’s and Young Adult Comics by Gwen A. Tarbox. Reviewed by Christina J. Lunsmann
  *   Marie Duval Maverick Victorian Cartoonist by Simon Grennan, Roger Sabin, and Julian Waite. Reviewed by Eszter Szép
  *   Supersex: Sexuality, Fantasy, and the Superhero edited by Anna F. Peppard. Reviewed by Nicholas E. Miller
  *   Webcomics by Sean Kleefeld. Reviewed by Aaron Kashtan

--
Qiana Whitted
Editor, Inks: The Journal of the Comics Studies Society