[Comicsstudiessociety] Support the Future of the Bonn Online Bibliography (BOBC)

Stephan Packard stephanpackard at gmail.com
Sun Sep 12 04:13:13 EDT 2021

Dear colleagues,

many of us have been making use of the Bonn Online Bibliography for
Comics Studies (BOBC), which Dr Joachim Trinkwitz has built up over many
years to be perhaps the most comprehensive resource of this kind for our
field.

As the technical and logistic demands of this project are rising, and
Joachim is facing retirement in a few years' time, the future of the
database is currently uncertain. As its co-sponsor, the German Society
for Comics Studies has set up an open letter to Bonn University to call
for continued support for this valuable resource. I am attaching the
full letter to this email (in German and English).

If you agree that the Bibliography should continue its work, we would
ask you to support this letter. You can sign it here:

https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://forms.gle/Y5tuy2AHqaYG3cWy9__;!!KGKeukY!j7CTBO9j8GFenm1l9W44zOQOi7ggE1oTrVbKGSEUJ2laKSWlDeQjPaNE5Hn9ZfkkESEF0BPxahdU$

Persons and institutions are equally welcome as signatories.

Thank you for your help, and best wishes,

Stephan Packard

--
Prof. Dr. Stephan Packard
Institut für Medienkultur und Theater