[Comicsstudiessociety] Reminder! Submissions for the Graphic Medicine 2021 UnConvention are due Monday, May 24th

Matthew Noe matthewnoe at gmail.com
Fri May 21 06:56:46 EDT 2021

“The Graphic Medicine 2021 UnConvention: What Are You Working On?”
#GraphMed2021

Call for Videos!

The Graphic Medicine International Collective is pleased to announce our
2021 UnConvention , whose unorthodox theme and form are created in response
to the unconventional circumstances in which we are currently living.
------------------------------
Our conference theme: What are you working on?Our conference date: August
13-15, 2021Our place: online, participation link to be distributed with
conference registrationOur format: self-made, one-minute videos that we
will organize for collective viewing and discussion.
------------------------------

We invite participants to submit one-minute videos that address the
conference theme: What are you working on in the field of graphic medicine?

The graphic medicine community is diverse, and our activities are varied.
One of the most exciting aspects of our annual conference is learning about
new projects and connecting with their creators, and we hope to carry that
energy of creative exchange into 2021 in a different form.

While the past year has prevented us from proceeding with the typical
in-person conference, it has provided many of us the time to create, a
reason to create, and an urgency to create. We welcome videos that address
graphic medicine work in any of the wide range of our engagements. Are you
working on a comic or a collection of comics? A community activity? A
critical or scholarly interpretation? A specific graphic medicine approach
or topic? A syllabus? A mode of teaching, clinical practice, life-writing
or life-drawing, social activism, research, or archiving? Figure out what
the focus will be for your one-minute video, create it, and share it with
us.

As you make your video, be creative! You may wish to address one or more of
these topics as well: why you are working on your subject; how you are
working on it; where you are working; when you are working on it, and with
whom you are (or wish you were) working on it. We hope this
micro-conference format will showcase the wide variety of ongoing projects
in the field of Graphic Medicine, as well as enable participants to connect
with similarly-minded fellow creators and potential collaborators. Be sure
to include information on how interested viewers can learn more about your
work.

While this un-conference is free to all participants, we encourage you to
consider donating to the Graphic Medicine International Collective, to help
our non-profit organization support its many ventures, including the
GraphicMedicine.org website. The links for donations (and new conference
merch!) will be made available with registration.
------------------------------

Videos should be submitted by May 24, 2021

Notification of acceptance will be sent out by July 1, 2021.
------------------------------

Please send your one minute video as an attachment (or download link) with
contact information (name, affiliation, email address) to
GMunconvention2021 at gmail.com by May 24, 2021.

Submit any questions to GMunconvention2021 at gmail.com
Find all of this information and more on the Graphic Medicine website:
https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.graphicmedicine.org/2021-graphic-medicine-unconvention-what-are-you-working-on/__;!!KGKeukY!kyFsZLCoN7fszHNc2qPOcfnR1I3wLHU4tWEoiGhOPSTn6MJz6fbORLs1Ro-kjuF8ULs-H7QwTJYt$
<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.graphicmedicine.org_2021-2Dgraphic-2Dmedicine-2Dunconvention-2Dwhat-2Dare-2Dyou-2Dworking-2Don_&d=DwMF-g&c=WO-RGvefibhHBZq3fL85hQ&r=cxKTcu_-1VSwgdsXnd27E6Nm4ayXD6crCzZxzewa4kA&m=iVFpk9fv2kOpeSO2YsPHWjdAnigUnknbPe-iW5TKFis&s=6RLbD6tsAzfvtJb2SEyKpR-xt5BiHTkHM2kvBUsBdmM&e=>

--

*Matthew N. Noe, MSLS** | Lead Collection and Knowledge Management
Librarian*

Francis A. Countway Library of Medicine | Harvard Medical School

10 Shattuck Street, Boston, MA 02115

617-432-8964 | matthew_noe at hms.harvard.edu

Graphic Medicine: https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://www.graphicmedicine.org__;!!KGKeukY!kyFsZLCoN7fszHNc2qPOcfnR1I3wLHU4tWEoiGhOPSTn6MJz6fbORLs1Ro-kjuF8ULs-H1COALCU$  | Twitter: @NoetheMatt
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://www.twitter.com/noethematt__;!!KGKeukY!kyFsZLCoN7fszHNc2qPOcfnR1I3wLHU4tWEoiGhOPSTn6MJz6fbORLs1Ro-kjuF8ULs-H3fIUcLX$ >