[Comicsstudiessociety] Bilingual issue of "Imaginaires" on the topic of summer holidays in the narrative arts

David Pinho Barros davidpinhobarros at icloud.com
Tue Mar 9 18:29:35 EST 2021

Dear all,

I am the guest editor of the December 2022 issue of the bilingual academic journal Imaginaires, published by the Éditions et Presses universitaires de Reims (France), which I am dedicating to the relationship between the narrative arts and the phenomenon of summer holidays, both in its pre-1936 forms (from aristocratic 19th-century health cures to early 20th-century cultural stays and seaside leisure) and in its post-1936 variants (from the massive postwar seasonal working-class exoduses to bourgeois resort vacationing and contemporary eco-conscious summer sojourning in nature). I am welcoming submissions in English and French from a wide variety of fields in the narrative studies, and I am especially looking forward to receiving proposals that will address the topic of summer holidays in comics. Abstracts can be sent in until the 31st of July 2021, and selected works will be submitted to a double peer-review process ahead of publication. The full call follows as an attachment and more info can be found here <https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.davidpinhobarros.com/Investigacao-Research/Imaginaires-Poetica-das-Ferias-Imaginaires-Holiday-Poetics__;!!KGKeukY!kStmdJqbX4bVrBxju4ridhVVtQrvwEw6GBLooXU77wZKNC41a2HbKA9Mw3kyoTVj6IGJWNd98E3_$ >. All help in sharing this call will be very much appreciated!

All the best,
David Pinho Barros

 <https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.davidpinhobarros.com/__;!!KGKeukY!kStmdJqbX4bVrBxju4ridhVVtQrvwEw6GBLooXU77wZKNC41a2HbKA9Mw3kyoTVj6IGJWNdZE3se$ >