[Comicsstudiessociety] It’s Life as I See It: Black Cartoonists in Chicago 1940-1980

Charles Hatfield charles.hatfield at gmail.com
Thu Jun 3 11:08:30 EDT 2021

Colleagues, there's a wealth of info and insight in the following *Publishers
Weekly* interview with Dan Nadel re: *It’s Life as I See It: Black
Cartoonists in Chicago 1940-1980
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.nyrb.com/products/its-life-as-i-see-it?__;!!KGKeukY!nibwW5ERMQtXJiOQar6fLnh3u0Q6RVCxCG54nw8_eqTo643aFCdkSSc0dlLDeFRoXkNwzDN0eWMp$ >*, an anthology that
serves as the catalog companion to the upcoming exhibition *Chicago Comics:
1960s to Now *at the Museum of Contemporary Art Chicago:

https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.publishersweekly.com/pw/by-topic/industry-news/comics/article/86541-black-life-chicago-comics-a-conversation-with-dan-nadel.html__;!!KGKeukY!nibwW5ERMQtXJiOQar6fLnh3u0Q6RVCxCG54nw8_eqTo643aFCdkSSc0dlLDeFRoXkNwzO7ZXlrV$

I've been looking forward to the exhibition. And the book sounds like a
must-have (see the publisher NYRC's website for samples of what is in the
book: a tremendous range of cartooning).

CH