[Comicsstudiessociety] ICAF 2020 Virtual Roundtable: New Perspectives on Reading Comics (Jan 7 @ 8pm PT)

Biz Nijdam elizabeth.nijdam at gmail.com
Sun Jan 3 23:19:09 EST 2021

*Please join us on Thursday, January 7th at 8pm PT (11pm ET) for a
roundtable discussion on*

New Perspectives on Reading Comics
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://www.internationalcomicartsforum.org/new-perspectives-on-reading-comics.html__;!!KGKeukY!m60qiKSKKlR-guCTofGqbuicMAnuS37rscQasOPMZFKhBs-Q30oa4p3Jic3Od1YsV78e0rUo4Rgu$ >

featuring Elk Paauw, Jakub Jankowski, and Deborah Shamoon

Please follow the above link to find the pre-recorded talks from our
roundtable participants as well as links to presentation transcripts.

This virtual roundtable event will be moderated by ICAF’s Frank Bramlett and
streamed live via Zoom Webinar.

Please register here to participate:
https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://us02web.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_YvHq3CZ4RCO3K8yplbItRw__;!!KGKeukY!m60qiKSKKlR-guCTofGqbuicMAnuS37rscQasOPMZFKhBs-Q30oa4p3Jic3Od1YsV78e0rUb8qQF$

For more information on  #ICAFVIRTUAL
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://twitter.com/hashtag/ICAFVIRTUAL?src=hashtag_click__;!!KGKeukY!m60qiKSKKlR-guCTofGqbuicMAnuS37rscQasOPMZFKhBs-Q30oa4p3Jic3Od1YsV78e0sEFNLG5$ > programming,
please check out the ICAF 2020 Virtual Conference Program
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://www.internationalcomicartsforum.org/virtualconferenceprogram.html__;!!KGKeukY!m60qiKSKKlR-guCTofGqbuicMAnuS37rscQasOPMZFKhBs-Q30oa4p3Jic3Od1YsV78e0v6HEUOC$ >.
For questions or comments, please reach out to Biz Nijdam at
elizabeth.nijdam at gmail.com or Frank Bramlett at frank.bramlett at gmail.com.

The ICAF 2020 Virtual Conference and Virtual Roundtable Series
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://www.internationalcomicartsforum.org/virtualconferenceprogram.html__;!!KGKeukY!m60qiKSKKlR-guCTofGqbuicMAnuS37rscQasOPMZFKhBs-Q30oa4p3Jic3Od1YsV78e0v6HEUOC$ >:

Due to COVID-19, the International Comics Arts Forum (ICAF 2020) to be held
concurrently with the Small Press Expo in Bethesda, MD, was canceled.
However, we have reimagined a way for accepted ICAF panelists to make their
contribution to ICAF and are organizing a series of online events to
achieve the ICAF mission of celebrating comics through scholarship.

Over the next several months, ICAF will host a sequence of virtual panels
featuring accepted ICAF presentations. All panelists who were accepted for
ICAF 2020 have been welcomed to participate in our online programming with
the intention of curating monthly virtual events around specific themes.

Each presenter on our virtual roundtable series has made a pre-recording of
their presentation (roughly 10 or 15 minutes) to be posted online prior to
the roundtable session, which will then be streaming live on the first
Thursday of every month. We encouraged presenters to produce PowerPoint
presentations with images and voiceovers (and an accompanying transcript),
both for reasons of accessibility and for consistency. Then each presenter
will participate in a live roundtable-style discussion of their research
along with two or three other presenters for approximately one hour. In
this live session, each presenter will give a 5 minute summary of their
presentation, before the panelists, along with an ICAF moderator, explore
those themes together. These live sessions will be recorded and
subsequently posted by ICAF.

While there is no true substitution for the face-to-face version of ICAF,
we hope that our 2020 virtual programming will generate the kind of
participation and discussion ICAF is known for, while supporting the work
of current members of the ICAF community and connecting comics scholars
around the world.

--
*Dr. Elizabeth "Biz" Nijdam*  PhD (She, Her, Hers
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://equity.ubc.ca/resources/gender-diversity/pronouns/__;!!KGKeukY!m60qiKSKKlR-guCTofGqbuicMAnuS37rscQasOPMZFKhBs-Q30oa4p3Jic3Od1YsV78e0m9NRLfB$ >)
biz.nijdam at ubc.ca | *elizabeth.nijdam at gmail.com
<elizabeth.nijdam at gmail.com>* | @bizabeth <https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://twitter.com/@bizabeth__;!!KGKeukY!m60qiKSKKlR-guCTofGqbuicMAnuS37rscQasOPMZFKhBs-Q30oa4p3Jic3Od1YsV78e0iir32Ti$ >