[Comicsstudiessociety] 2nd Call for Papers : The Philosophies of Stan Lee (edited text)

Jeff McLaughlin jmclaughlin at tru.ca
Thu Feb 11 13:30:51 EST 2021

Greetings from a chilly BC!
As many of us are getting near spring break, I thought it a good time to put out a second call for chapter proposals for The Philosophies of Stan Lee to be published by University Press of Mississippi. I've received some wonderful abstracts that and looking for more. As well, I've already lined up 25 comics writers/artists who are going to contribute personal reflections on what lessons from Lee they have learned. (Interesting, I have just started contacting these individuals and only 1 declined.)

If you'd like to send me a quick note expressing interest or a rough abstract, or saying you have an idea, or would like some suggestions or want to bounce some ideas around with me, I'd be very happy to do so! As for possible topics, off the top of my head (and before I have my morning coffee), I'd like to see something philosophical developed about a specific series title or character, the role of comics in education, perhaps the development of the Marvel method and collaboration in artistic works. In fact the papers that folks are currently doing for this book are topics I didn't even think of so I'm excited to see what people want to explore!

Again, send me a shout and I look forward to hearing from you!

Best Wishes, Jeff

Dr. Jeff McLaughlin Ph.D.
Full Professor (Philosophy) and Chair
Department of Philosophy, History, and Politics
Thompson Rivers University
805 University Drive
Kamloops BC Canada
V2C 0C8