[Comicsstudiessociety] call for reviewers - Journal of Graphic Novels and Comics

Eszter Szép eszterszep at gmail.com
Sun Aug 1 11:16:24 EDT 2021

Dear comics scholars,

Some of you know already that I am the new book reviews editor of the *Journal
of Graphic Novels and Comics. *I am really excited about this job and
cannot wait to read and publish tons (!) of interesting reviews of books on
comics.

I have been a secret book reviews enthusiast in the past 10 years or so,
and I think many of you agree with me that there is a lot going on in
comics research now. The field is becoming more international and more
global, newer and newer chapters are explored in the history of the medium,
and there is a great number of monographs and collections that offer
syntheses of and guides to this expanding field.

If you are interested in reviewing books for the *Journal of Graphic Novels
and Comics, *please contact me off-list (eszterszep at gmail.com).

   - Doctoral students, postdocs, independent scholars, as well as tenured
   and non-tenured faculty are all welcome!
   - Please write a few lines about yourself, as well as about your areas
   of expertise and interest. If you already have a title in mind, do not
   hesitate to share it!

Finally, here is a comic I made about our book review philosophy. The strip
was deeply influenced by Hungarian critic József Lapis's several funny
essays and self-reflections on reviews and the roles of reviewers.
[image: jgnc reviews 2021.jpg]
With best wishes,
Eszter

Dr. Eszter Szép
independent researcher, educator, and curator
NEW BOOK: Comics and the Body: Drawing, Reading, and Vulnerability (Dec
2020) <https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://ohiostatepress.org/books/titles/9780814214541.html__;!!KGKeukY!ifN-ANAZMGaeUc5w4eYf16cWZS0tqnOvAGCczAN0WmEClyv-U941hIQu8vt-WN3wWdK6Cs2-tHW_$ >
website: eszterszep.com <https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://www.eszterszep.com/__;!!KGKeukY!ifN-ANAZMGaeUc5w4eYf16cWZS0tqnOvAGCczAN0WmEClyv-U941hIQu8vt-WN3wWdK6CgWHJ_J_$ >
Patreon: patreon.com/eszterszep
instagram (in Hungarian): instagram.com/szep.eszter.kepregenykutato
twitter: @eszterlikesrain  <https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://twitter.com/eszterlikesrain__;!!KGKeukY!ifN-ANAZMGaeUc5w4eYf16cWZS0tqnOvAGCczAN0WmEClyv-U941hIQu8vt-WN3wWdK6CmIZ6eYH$ >