[Comicsstudiessociety] Postcolonialism and Migration by McKinney reviewer desired for IJOCA

Mike Rhode mrhode at gmail.com
Wed Apr 21 10:30:43 EDT 2021

We never heard from anyone who said they had asked to review this for us,
so we can provide a digital copy, world-wide to the first person to write
back to me.

The book's homepage is https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://lup.be/products/113937__;!!KGKeukY!j0FiPAFcaaM_hDEZTEbU-xgUmIgIF-s713UvbMI7zZTSyedK-PCjm44B2sOQKvn_RgEAO19OjVla$

Postcolonialism and migration are major themes in contemporary French
comics and have roots in the Algerian War (1954-62), anti-racist struggle,
and mass migration to France. This volume studies comics from the formal
dismantling of the French colonial empire in 1962 up to the present.

Since this is a fairly focused topic, we would be happy to get a reviewer
with some knowledge of the underlying events.

Mike Rhode
mrhode at gmail.com