[Comicsstudiessociety] IJOCA reviewer wanted for Pearl Jam: Art of Do The Evolution animation book- worldwide

Mike Rhode mrhode at gmail.com
Mon Sep 21 21:50:36 EDT 2020

*First person to write to me, worldwide, for the PDF of this animation
book. *

*Mike*

*mrhode at gmail.com <mrhode at gmail.com>*

*On October 6th,  IDW Publishing
<https://f1add9da54889c7e9674a5ce0953d6f6.tinyemails.com/abe737b9f44f44c302de79c266cda2d9/b4d156f8edb13572a6e5ce5a06ed910c.html>,
is releasing Pearl Jam: Art of Do The Evolution, a 200-page, full-color
hardcover art book revealing the full story behind the creation of Pearl
Jam’s Grammy Award-nominated “Do the Evolution” music video, which is
widely considered to be one of the best music videos of all time and a
monumental achievement in animation.*

*Joe Pearson, author and co-editor of Pearl Jam: Art of Do the Evolution,
and co-producer of the “Do the Evolution” music video, will guide readers
through the fascinating process of bringing the band's vision to life in
this one-of-a-kind art book. The book is lushly illustrated by the video's
striking animation cells with never-before-seen storyboards and designs
from the video.*

*ADVANCE DIGITAL COPY: Ahead of October 6th, I’d love to provide you with
an advance digital copy of Pearl Jam: Art of Do The Evolution for your
coverage consideration. *

About ‘Do the Evolution’ Music video:

Twenty-two years after legendary rock band Pearl Jam debuted their Grammy
Award-nominated “Do The Evolution” music video, its hypnotic and shocking
imagery is perhaps even more relevant to social and environmental issues
than during the band’s 1998 Yield tour.

Directed by visionary comics legend Todd McFarlane (Spawn) and veteran
animator Kevin Altieri (Batman: The Animated Series), this achievement in
animation told a graphic and dark history of the world in four gripping
minutes and is widely considered one of the best music videos of all time.

About Art of Do the Evolution art book”:

IDW Publishing
<https://f1add9da54889c7e9674a5ce0953d6f6.tinyemails.com/abe737b9f44f44c302de79c266cda2d9/b4d156f8edb13572a6e5ce5a06ed910c.html>’s
Pearl Jam: Art of Do The Evolution is a 200-page,  full-color hardcover
revealing the full story behind the creation of this historic video. Lushly
illustrated by the video's striking animation cells with never before seen
storyboards and designs from the video, the video's co-producer, Joe Pearson,
will guide readers through the fascinating process of bringing the band's
vision to life in this one-of-a-kind art book.

Todd McFarlane, in the book’s introduction, describes the Do The Evolution
music video as “the history of mankind in as condensed a version as you
will ever see. In this book, you’ll see and read about some of the process
of how we pulled off such a Herculean task... It’s filled with so many
wonderful examples of how dozens of creative people come together to put
together what would soon become a Grammy-nominated video.”

"Being able to produce this seminal animated video at my studio for Pearl
Jam and to work with super talents like Eddie Vedder, Todd McFarlane, and
Kevin Altieri was a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity,” says Pearson. “And
then to see the positive and continuing worldwide reaction of millions of
fans to our group effort was the icing on this dense cake of edgy music and
animation.”

The Art of Do The Evolution hardcover is essential reading for new and
longtime Pearl Jam devotees, animation and graphic design fans who
recognize "Do the Evolution" as a high point in the field, and anyone with
an acute interest in music video history.