[Comicsstudiessociety] poetry comics?

Charles Hatfield charles.hatfield at gmail.com
Mon Sep 14 15:10:28 EDT 2020

Another tardy thought: Soft Skull Press posthumously published Kenneth
Koch's collection *The Art of the Possible: Comics Mainly Without Pictures*
in 2004. These are visual poems (from someone best known as a poet, of
course) that also invite us to read them as comics. They have panels,
configured in deliberate layouts; what they don't usually have is figural
drawing. I like to use examples from *Art of the Possible* in class. IIRC,
comics creators such as Derik Badman have also written about this work.
It's delightful.

CH