[Comicsstudiessociety] CfP [reminder] - Research on Teaching with Comics

Lars Wallner lars.wallner at liu.se
Tue Oct 6 02:59:19 EDT 2020

Hi all,

This is a friendly reminder of our call for papers (deadline Oct 31) on Research on Teaching with Comics. We are primarily focusing on teaching primary/secondary school (ages 6-16, or the equivalent in your country), but all suggestions are welcome.

Call for papers – Edited Collection on Comics and Education

Comics are a staple of popular culture around the world, and research on comics as tools for education

shows the possibilities that comics offer educators. Yet the research on the use of comics in primary and

secondary education is still scarce. Therefore, we are collecting suggestions for chapters for an edited

collection that addresses the need for scholarly work on comics as a tool for educational practice. This

collection addresses an audience of primary and secondary school teachers, librarians, parents,

preservice teachers, teacher educators, and others. Chapters could include literary analysis of comics’

potential for teaching, as well as studies of classroom activities and teacher/student experiences.

Possible subjects include, but are not limited to:

• The use of comics in teaching various school subjects: History, Mathematics, Geography etc.

• Perspectives on curriculum and syllabus.

• Using comics for inclusive education.

• Cross-curricular/Interdisciplinary school work with comics.

For any questions on a particular topic for the collection, please do not hesitate to contact the editors.

Guidelines and Deadlines

Abstracts submitted for consideration are due by October 31, 2020. They should be 250-300 words in

length and include a tentative title and brief bio of the contributor(s). Please send your submissions

simultaneously to both editors Robert Aman (robert.aman at liu.se) and Lars Wallner

(lars.wallner at liu.se). Selections will be made, and notifications emailed by November 15, 2020. The

book proposal will be sent to prospective publishers by December 1, 2020. Full chapters of 5,000-6,000

words will be due by June 1, 2021.

All the best,

Lars Wallner, Ph.D.
Senior Lecturer, Section for Pedagogic Practices

Department of Behavioral Sciences and Learning
602 21 Norrköping
Visiting address: Täppan, room 6170, Campus Norrköping
Please visit us at: www.liu.se<http://www.liu.se/>

When you send emails to Linköping university the university stores your personal information. Read more about this here: https://liu.se/en/article/integritetspolicy-liu