[Comicsstudiessociety] Fwd: Our Commitment to the Book Community

Mike Rhode mrhode at gmail.com
Wed Mar 18 10:33:18 EDT 2020

Publishers weekly opens it's archive.

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Publishers Weekly <email at publishersweekly.com>
Date: Wed, Mar 18, 2020, 9:31 AM
Subject: Our Commitment to the Book Community

PW's magazine and resources are now available to all
View this email in your browser
<https://mailchi.mp/publishersweekly/our-commitment-to-the-book-community?e=2d9b08485f>
Dear Reader,

I am reaching out to you today on behalf of *Publishers Weekly* to extend
our concern and to send a message of support as we manage what’s in front
of us.

As we are all aware, we are facing unprecedented challenges, but *Publishers
Weekly* is committed to continuing to serve you, our readers, and the
industry at large as we navigate through uncharted territory. In these
rapidly changing times, we understand the need for timely, accurate updates
as well as for the typical news and information *PW* delivers daily.

We also understand the shifting landscape will inevitably cause business
disruption and unforeseen challenges. In an effort to minimize disruption,
support daily operations and instill as much normalcy as possible in our
shared goal of maintaining the industry’s health and continued
productivity, effective today, I am pleased to offer free access to *Publishers
Weekly*’s assets.

We will make the digital magazine available to everyone regardless of
whether you subscribe starting with the current issue (March 16, 2020).

Everyone can now access the digital edition of *PW* from www.digitalpw.com
<https://publishersweekly.us1.list-manage.com/track/click?u=d684790bedf89afe76e7b9156&id=ab6e027a67&e=2d9b08485f>
or from the *PW* app on iOS and Android.

Additionally, articles, past bestsellers lists and the reviews database,
which includes a search feature and the reviews listed by genre, will be
made available to all.

And last, I am very pleased to share access to our recently launched
archive database. The archive includes 7,597 past issues, 676,133 pages,
400,000 book reviews, 5,000 author profiles and interviews and, beginning
in 1895, bestseller lists.

Important links:

   - Access your digital copy each week on Saturday here: www.digitalpw.com
   <https://publishersweekly.us1.list-manage.com/track/click?u=d684790bedf89afe76e7b9156&id=3ddbd9d043&e=2d9b08485f>
   - Access the reviews database here: www.publishersweekly.com/reviews
   <https://publishersweekly.us1.list-manage.com/track/click?u=d684790bedf89afe76e7b9156&id=870cbeeb30&e=2d9b08485f>
   - Access the archive here: publishersweekly.com/digitalgateway
   <https://publishersweekly.us1.list-manage.com/track/click?u=d684790bedf89afe76e7b9156&id=372fccb227&e=2d9b08485f>
   - For technical help: service at publishersweekly.com

It is our hope to stay closely connected to you and our readers and to
continue to support publishers, booksellers, librarians, industry
stakeholders and book lovers.

By staying connected to you, we’re hoping to aid the industry in staying
connected to each other.

Please do not hesitate to contact us with urgent matters or questions.

For news, contact Jim Milliot, VP and Editorial Director:
jmilliot at publishersweekly.com

For all business matters, contact Cevin Bryerman, EVP and Publisher:
cbryerman at publishersweekly.com

For submission guidelines and questions:
https://www.publishersweekly.com/pw/corp/submissionguidelines.html
<https://publishersweekly.us1.list-manage.com/track/click?u=d684790bedf89afe76e7b9156&id=76bd923a77&e=2d9b08485f>

Last week as we took the recommended measures to prevent the spread of the
virus, our staff began telecommuting. Working remotely this dedicated
*Publishers
Weekly* team produced the issue and all of our newsletters on schedule. As
we continue to operate remotely, we ask that all correspondence whether
galleys, invoices or payments be sent electronically. A small staff will
remain in the office to accept mail and book submissions, but the best form
of communication at this time is electronic.

Feel free to share this information with your colleagues, friends, fellow
readers and anyone you think will benefit.

In health and solidarity,

George Slowik Jr., President, *Publishers Weekly*

[image: Twitter]
<https://publishersweekly.us1.list-manage.com/track/click?u=d684790bedf89afe76e7b9156&id=dfdaa0bc55&e=2d9b08485f>
[image: Facebook]
<https://publishersweekly.us1.list-manage.com/track/click?u=d684790bedf89afe76e7b9156&id=fc6d11770d&e=2d9b08485f>
[image: Website]
<https://publishersweekly.us1.list-manage.com/track/click?u=d684790bedf89afe76e7b9156&id=c8e503ccba&e=2d9b08485f>
*Copyright © 2020 Publishers Weekly, All rights reserved.*
You are a subscriber to one of Publishers Weekly's e-newsletters. To stop
receiving our promotional emails, click the "UPDATE PROFILE" button above,
and uncheck any "Promos" boxes you see checked; that will stop the
promotional emails without interrupting your e-newsletters.

*Our mailing address is:*
Publishers Weekly
71 W. 23rd St.
Suite 1608
New York, NY 10010

Add us to your address book
<https://publishersweekly.us1.list-manage.com/vcard?u=d684790bedf89afe76e7b9156&id=0bb2959cbb>

You can update your preferences
<https://publishersweekly.us1.list-manage.com/profile?u=d684790bedf89afe76e7b9156&id=0bb2959cbb&e=2d9b08485f>
or unsubscribe from this list
<https://publishersweekly.us1.list-manage.com/unsubscribe?u=d684790bedf89afe76e7b9156&id=0bb2959cbb&e=2d9b08485f&c=8d14d92f4d>.

[image: Email Marketing Powered by Mailchimp]
<http://www.mailchimp.com/monkey-rewards/?utm_source=freemium_newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=monkey_rewards&aid=d684790bedf89afe76e7b9156&afl=1>