[Comicsstudiessociety] Columbus Ohio cat/house sitting for Billy Ireland researcher

Flinn, Margaret C. flinn.62 at osu.edu
Fri Mar 6 12:01:37 EST 2020

Dear Colleagues (apologies for cross-posting),

As in previous years, I expect to travel to Europe for research purposes this summer. I am an Ohio State faculty member and have a 3br house in Columbus, a long walk/easy bike or bus ride from the OSU campus, that I can make available to any scholar seeking to spend a significant period of time working in the collections of the Billy Ireland Cartoon Library, in exchange for cat-sitting my 2 young, healthy cats. (The house is also within walking distance of stores and restaurants, and large parks.) I have done this in previous summers with grad students/early career scholars who have found the trade to be a good way to stretch limited research funds. I expect to be gone from late May through early July. I have not fixed my dates yet but my flexibility will be somewhat limited by the need to catch an exhibition in Angoulême ending May 31, as well as an international shared custody arrangement. A somewhat shorter term arrangement might be possible (for example, 3-4 weeks), though, if dates can be harmonized with the availability of a local cat sitter.

Please email me off-list at flinn.62 at osu.edu<mailto:flinn.62 at osu.edu> if you are interested.

Best,

Maggie Flinn