[Comicsstudiessociety] SEA CHANGE (postcard project)

Lara Saguisag Lara.Saguisag at csi.cuny.edu
Mon Jun 15 09:11:33 EDT 2020

Dear colleagues,

The message below is from Tobias Hickey of University of Worcester/International Centre for the Picture Book in Society. He wishes to circulate a call for illustrated postcards for the project SEA CHANGE. Details (including contributor agreements) can be found in the link below.?

Thank you.

Lara Saguisag
Pronouns: she, her, hers
Associate Professor
English Department | CUNY-The College of Staten Island
Author of Incorrigibles and Innocents: Constructing Childhood and Citizenship in Progressive Era Comics (Rutgers University Press, 2018).<https://www.rutgersuniversitypress.org/incorrigibles-and-innocents/9780813591766>

As a sequel to our previous mail art venture MIGRATIONS, our new project SEA CHANGE is a response to the growing threat to our seas, rivers and marine life. We will celebrate the role of the oceans as vital to promoting biodiversity, and as places of wonder and imagination.
Once again we ask our friends to donate an illustrated postcard to form part of an international, crowd-sourced, traveling exhibition.
We would be delighted if you are able to support our project which we hope will feature artists from around the globe, reach new audiences and shine lights on the world we inhabit together.

Details of SEA CHANGE can be found here-
<https://thepicturebookinsociety.org/sea-change/>https://thepicturebookinsociety.org/sea-change/
[https://ci6.googleusercontent.com/proxy/zE-cgf-wmExGSzIko7xwdMK_rDJCKOL_KZMchk9orE-o78u5bk8VbDN6m0RYfQK3kfBcSpF_cBUAr7Wq02I7-AtuJrwBG2fCMRv9AFXVhqoY_1-kFonhpx-cwGt3wpZZurU=s0-d-e1-ft#https://picturebookinsociety.files.wordpress.com/2020/06/header-complete-v3.gif]<https://thepicturebookinsociety.org/sea-change/>

Sea Change - International Centre for the Picture Book in Society<https://thepicturebookinsociety.org/sea-change/>
thepicturebookinsociety.org<http://thepicturebookinsociety.org/>
Illustration by ROGER MELLO Brief Contributor Agreement News "Full fandom five thy Father lies, Of his bones are Corrall made; Those are pearls that were his eyes, Nothing of him that doth fade, Bu...

If you could share our project with any of your colleagues and on your networks we would be greatly appreciative.

Best wishes

Tobias

Tobias Hickey
Course Leader Illustration