[Comicsstudiessociety] Extra Inks invitation

Gardner, Jared B. extra-inks at comicssociety.org
Mon Jun 8 12:33:42 EDT 2020

Just a quick followup from the earlier invite to let folks know that the first of the new Daily Pull reviews are up: http://extra-inks.comicssociety.org. keep ‘em coming!

From: "Gardner, Jared B." <extra-inks at comicssociety.org>
Date: Wednesday, May 27, 2020 at 4:12 PM
To: <comicsstudiessociety at lists.osu.edu>
Subject: Extra Inks invitation

Hi, all,

As this traumatic spring unravels into summer, we are seeing the impact on all aspects of our lives, including comics. Festivals from TCAF to Comic-Con are canceled, distribution chains mangled, and many comics shops remain shuttered. Comics need a boost, and so do those who love them. As one small contribution towards some boosterism, we are inviting all members of this list to contribute to the “daily pull” at Extra Inks, the review-blog of the Comics Studies Society and Inks. In particularly, I am looking for reviews of recent comics (for now, anything in the last year) with an eye towards spreading the word about cartoonists and works (or comic shops, publishers, anything comics) we should be supporting. For the pandemic-era “daily pulls,” please follow these parameters:

Reviews should come in at under 500-words if possible. (Longer group reviews can be written for the feature section, but be in touch with me first)

Reviews should be largely positive: we are recommendation in dark times. That said, you can (probably should) address things that you wish were different/better.

Let me know what you are writing about (so I can keep track and make sure no one else is writing about it) and when you will get it to me.

If you have ideas for longer feature pieces (interviews, polemics, review essays) let me know!

Best,

Jared

for Extra Inks