[Comicsstudiessociety] CSS 3rd Annual Conference Announcement!

Langsdale, Samantha Samantha.Langsdale at unt.edu
Sun Jan 12 14:29:35 EST 2020

The Comics Studies Society is extending the deadline for its 3rd Annual Conference from January 15 to January 31, 2020. We will continue to accept proposals for papers, panels, and round tables through the end of the month and post acceptance notices by March 1.
In addition to in-person papers, the 3rd annual Comics Studies Society conference will also feature a small number of virtual papers which will be live-streamed. This initiative is designed to open the conference to international comics scholars, scholars with disabilities, and graduate students who do not have the financial means to attend in person.
As with the in-person papers, we invite proposals for 20 minute virtual papers on the theme of comics and technology. Presenters must have access to a microphone and webcam and be available during their presentation time and for the ensuing discussion. The conference hours will be 10am to 4pm Central Standard Time.
When selecting papers the conference committee will give preference to international scholars, scholars with disabilities, and graduate students. Preference will also be given to papers which adhere closely to the conference theme.
The deadline for submissions is January 31, 2020.
Virtual papers require more preparation than in-person papers. Accepted papers and accompanying slides should be ready in full by May 15. After May 15, in preparation for the conference, members of the virtual conference committee will work with presenters to check equipment and to prepare a pre-recorded backup of each paper.
Templates can be found on the CFP page<http://comicssociety.org/conference/cfp/> of our site. All proposals should be sent to conference at comicssociety.org<mailto:conference at comicssociety.org>. Please state clearly in your email that the proposal is for a virtual paper.

Dr. Samantha Langsdale

Senior Lecturer

Department of Philosophy & Religion

philosophy.unt.edu