[Comicsstudiessociety] Scanlation of Miyazaki's The Wind Rises manga?

Charles Hatfield charles.hatfield at gmail.com
Thu Apr 23 18:36:52 EDT 2020

To assist a student's research, and for the sake of my Hayao Miyazaki class
as a whole, I'm seeking an English-language scanlation of Miyazaki's manga
"The Wind Rises" (*Kaze Tachinu*), as reportedly serialized in nine
chapters in the Japanese magazine *Model Graphix* from Fe.b 25, 2009, to
Nov. 25, 2009. This manga led to the film of the same name, but is
substantially different. I have access to scans of the complete Japanese
original, but unfortunately neither I nor the student in question can read
Japanese. Can anyone point me to an English scanlation of this work? Does
such a translation exist? To my knowledge, the work has never been
officially translated into English.

(My student is seeking to analyze relationships among Miyazaki's manga, the
film, and Tatsuo Hori's story. The student realizes that their analysis may
be hobbled by the lack of an authoritative translation of the manga, but
happily an English translation of Hori's story is available, at least.)

Leads/recommendations appreciated, thank you!

CH
Charles Hatfield