exp 16 - Discussion and Conclusion sections

Zellmer, Robert zellmer.1 at osu.edu
Mon Mar 28 20:39:24 EDT 2022

The report for exp 14 was the first one which had Discussion and Conclusion sections this semester.
I discussed this in a previous e-mail about exp 14.  The report for exp 16 also has Discussion and
Conclusion sections.  Look at the manual and my on-line examples and instructions which discuss
what should go in these sections.

Chem Lab Report - Departmental Guidelines for Writing a Lab Report<https://uglabs.cbc.osu.edu/gc-labreport/>

Lab Report Format - My Lab Report Example (Outline)<https://www.asc.ohio-state.edu/zellmer.1/chem1250/lab/chem1250_sample_lab_report.pdf>

Look at the "Points to Consider" on page 111 of the manual.  They will help you with what should
be discussed at a minimum in the Discussion section.  This should not be in the form of questions
and answers like the report questions in the previous reports.  This should be in paragraph form.
The conclusion is essentially a one-paragraph summary addressing the most important points you
covered in the Discussion and it should answer/address the purpose of the experiment.

Don't use personal pronouns, such as "I", "we", "me", etc..  It should be in past tense.

Dr. Zellmer