Practice Exam for MT 2 is up

Zellmer, Robert zellmer.1 at osu.edu
Thu Mar 3 12:06:41 EST 2022

The practice exam for MT 2 is up at the Practice Exams link on my personal
class webpages.  There is only a PDF version.  Don't forget there are worked
out solutions for it.  You have to scroll down the page a little to find them.

I suggest first printing off the sample quizzes (4, 5 and 6) pertaining to this
material and trying to take those or at least work through the problems again.
We have a quiz this Sunday that will cover some ch 9 and ch 10 material.
The midterm covers chapters 5-9.

Don't take the practice exam until you've finished the material the exam covers.
When you take it time yourself.  If you don't, you won't know how well you
really know it and how to pace yourself to finish the exam.  Unlike the quizzes,
you will be able to move backward.  That means if you know you struggle with
a particular concept skip the question and go back to it if you have time.
Hopefully there won't be a lot of those.  Use the same strategy on the practice
exam.  If you don't finish, take the questions you couldn't get to and give
yourself about 2.5 min per question and see if you can finish these in that
time period.  When you're totally finished look at the solutions for the ones
you missed, the ones you guessed at and got right and the ones you got
right but weren't really confident with.  Then do some end-of-chapter
exercises covering that material.  The practice exam is in the order of the
chapters, and to some degree the order of the sections in the book.  That
will help you determine what sections you may need to review.

Dr. Zellmer