ZNN News Bulletin - good news and bad news (but no fake news)

Zellmer, Robert zellmer.1 at osu.edu
Sat Feb 12 17:28:53 EST 2022

News bulletin from ZNN (Zellmer News Network).  The real
news and only the real news.

The first midterm is done.  Yeah!  I hope you all did well.

That's about it for the good news.  I guess that's like the good
news in real life, not much of it.

The scores should be released at the beginning of next week.  The plan is
to also release the questions so you can see which ones you missed.  I'm
not sure I'll have time to prepare solutions.

Now on to the bad news.  Hopefully, not too bad.

You have to move on to the new material and get caught up.  We've completed
Chapters 5, 6 and 7.  There's a quiz tomorrow on Ch 5 and 6.1-6.4.  You
don't need a lot from Ch 5 for Ch 6 or 7, maybe understanding what exo and
endothermic mean.  You will need info from Ch 5 for Ch 8.

If you didn't do well on midterm 1, once you get caught up go back to the
material from the first midterm (Ch 1-4) and go over that a little every day until
you get caught up. That way when you need it (and you will need some of it
and it will be on the final) hopefully you will have learned it.

Once you get caught up try to stay caught up.  I've said it before, the worst
thing you can do in any course is fall behind.  That's especially true for 1250.
I know we're moving very fast.

Dr. Zellmer