Quiz 9 material (17.6, 19.1-19.5)

Zellmer, Robert zellmer.1 at osu.edu
Fri Mar 31 20:47:07 EDT 2023

Quiz 9 covers:  Sections 17.6, 19.1-19.5

The quiz will be accessible this coming Sunday, 4/2, at 7 PM.

The quiz covers material from last week and some of this past
Tuesday's lecture, up through 19.5.  Understand free energy,
how it's related to del(H) and del(S) and how to calc. del(G^o)
for a reaction from del(G_f)^o.  Also, how to use del(G) to
predict spontaneity or using del(G^o) to predict spontaneity
under standard state conditions.

You are NOT allowed to work together or get help from anyone else
or the internet (other than the material on our class website, like
the textbook, my notes, etc).  You are not allowed to provide help
or upload the quiz, its questions, or the answers to the internet,
during or after the quiz.

You can find details of what's covered on the quiz on my web page by
going to the "Quizzes<https://www.asc.ohio-state.edu/zellmer.1/chem1220/quiz/quiz_1220.htm>" link at my Chem 1220 class web page (not Carmen).
It also lists which sections from the textbook are covered and the
corresponding end-of-chapter (EOC) problems and on-line homework which
you should be able to do.  There're also further descriptions of things
there and links to other help files for this material which can be
found on my web pages.

Dr. Zellmer