Midterm 2 Review & updates to my webpages

Zellmer, Robert zellmer.1 at osu.edu
Fri Mar 3 14:14:55 EST 2023

I'm holding a review for MT2, Sunday, 3/5, 2-4:00 PM in 1000 MP (lecture
room).

Look at the Exams link on my personal class webpages.  There's useful
information there.  There's a link for some extra ICE table practice<https://www.asc.ohio-state.edu/zellmer.1/chem1220/homewk/ch15_extra_problems.pdf> from
Ch 15.  This link "Helpful Tidbits for 1220<https://www.asc.ohio-state.edu/zellmer.1/chem1220/faq/faq_1220.htm>" will take you to additional links
dealing with acid-base chemistry.

Also, there's a module in Carmen, "Exams".  There are several links there
about preparing your iPad for the exam, midterm procedures and an info
sheet about what happens if you forget your iPad (or it's not charged),
don't have an ID, etc. Look at the links there.  Please check to make sure
you've got everything set up correctly (eduroam and the LockDown
browser works), even if everything worked for MT1.

I would suggest taking the sample quizzes for quizzes 4, 5, 6 and 7 (look
at the solutions afterward).  It would be best to do this before taking a
practice exam.  After 10 PM Sunday I will put up the quiz 7 sample quiz
and the solutions.  Even though there are sample

I also suggest taking at least one practice exam before the review.  The
EOC Exam Prep questions are also in Mastering (NOT FOR CREDIT)
for practice.  These are the same as the ones at the end-of-the chapter
so you can do them either from Mastering or the eText.  I believe the ones
in Mastering have more feedback.  While there is a "due" date of Tuesday
night you can do them after the due date.

Send your questions by Sat night so I can prepare things before the review.
You can still send them to me Sunday before the review but I may not see
them before the review if you send them after noon on Sunday.

I know some people can't make this.  I will attempt to use Zoom to record the
review but it won't be live.  I can't make any promises as to the quality.  I will
put it on Carmen after about 6 or so.

Also, as mentioned in lecture on Thursday, I'll be expanding my Tue evening
office hours next week so they'll be 7-9 PM.

Dr. Nguyen will be holding a review Monday, March 6, 8:05-10 PM in
1000 McPherson.  It will also be in Zoom, the link below.  It is a webinar and
you need to use the password below the link.

https://osu.zoom.us/j/98641980092?pwd=OTh4a1lNN0p3QTF2Zjdyckk0VE0vZz09
Password: winchem2

She also has a packet of extra problems and solutions.  You can ask me about
these was well during my Sunday review or Tue night during my office hours.
Honestly, there's a lot of other things you can look at, the quizzes, 3 practice
exams, the Exam Prep question sets in Mastering and lots of EOC exercises.

https://go.osu.edu/letswinchemistry-1220-mt2-review
https://go.osu.edu/letswinchemistry-1220-mt2-review-key

Dr. Zellmer