Lecture coverage in Ch 14

Zellmer, Robert zellmer.1 at osu.edu
Mon Jan 23 11:51:02 EST 2023

Last week I got through 14.2, except for examples, which I will do in lecture
tomorrow.  You should get through these sections before tomorrow, at least
the reading, sample exercises, practice exercises and self-assessment
exercises.  After I go through examples tomorrow you could then do some
end-of-chapter exercises (EOCE).  Next Sunday's quiz will cover 13.5, 13.6,
14.1 and 14.2.  Probably the most difficult thing for most people will be the
initial rate problems at the end of 14.2.  It will be on the quiz.  I don't want
to wait and put it on the quiz the following week since there's more things
coming in ch 14 which aren't any easier.

Also, skim up through 14.5.  I'm doubt I'll get quite that far but just in case
I do you've seen it.  If I don't get there you've already skimmed it for Thursday's
lecture.  Skimming means reading through it quickly w/o worry about whether
you understand it, skipping the sample exercises, practice exams and
self-assessment questions.

Dr. Zellmer