ch 15 extra problems

Zellmer, Robert zellmer.1 at osu.edu
Tue Feb 14 08:01:18 EST 2023

We finished ch 15 last Tuesday. The hardest part for most of you will be using
ICE tables in section 15.6 to calculate equil. conc.  I sent an e-mail about links
I have at my "Notes" link.  The more practice you get in this chapter the better
for now and later.  You had one question on quiz 4 dealing with an ICE table.
There will be some on the next quiz.

I believe I mentioned this during lecture or a previous e-mail.  Don't forget the
extra homework problems.  Yeah, I know what you're saying, extra problems?
They can be found on the web at the Homework link on my class web page
(CH 15 - Extra ICE Table Problems and Solutions).  I mentioned this in the Quiz
coverage e-mail but didn't give the link there.

CH 15 - Extra ICE Table Problems and Solutions <https://www.asc.ohio-state.edu/zellmer.1/chem1220/homewk/ch15_extra_problems.pdf>

These problems are a little more challenging, particularly the last one.  You might
need to get a clue from the solutions for the last one but then try to complete it on
your own.  You will be doing these types of problems, especially the last one in
ch 15 and then again in ch 17.  The ICE tables in Ch 16 will be a little easier for
the most part.  You'll see why in lecture.  Ch 17 has some complicated equilibrium
problems but if you understand Ch 15 and 16 you should be okay.

If you can do these, you shouldn't have a problem with anything you'll see on
quizzes or midterms.  I assume you did some from the book and Mastering this
past week so you should be able to do these at this point.  You didn't need to
try these to do the one on quiz 4 so that's why I didn't send this before.

Dr. Zellmer