Midterm 1 Review & updates to my webpages

Zellmer, Robert zellmer.1 at osu.edu
Sat Feb 4 16:09:23 EST 2023

I'm holding a review for MT1 tomorrow, Sunday, 2/5, 2-4:00 PM in
1000 McPherson Lab.

Look at the Exams link on my personal class webpages.  There's useful
information there.  Also, the there's a module in Carmen, "Exams".
There are several links there about preparing your iPad for the exam,
midterm procedures and an info sheet about what happens if you forget
your iPad (or it's not charged), don't have an ID, etc. Look at the links there.

I would suggest taking the sample quizzes for quizzes 1 and 2 (look at
the solutions afterward).  After 10 PM Sunday I will put up the quiz 3
sample quiz and the solutions.

I also suggest taking at least one practice exam before the review.  The
EOC Exam Prep questions are also in Mastering (NOT FOR CREDIT)
for practice.  These are the same as the ones at the end-of-the chapter
so you can do them either from Mastering or the eText.  I believe the ones
in Mastering may have more feedback.  While there is a "due" date of
Monday night (I moved it from Sunday) you can do them after the due
date.

If you have questions send them to me tonight so I can prepare something
in the morning.  I may not be answering e-mails for the rest of the day as I'm
busy with getting quizzes ready.  I'll try to get to them at some point later.

I know some people can't make this.  I will attempt to use Zoom to record the
review but it won't be live.  I can't make any promises as to the quality.  I will
put it on Carmen after about 6 or so.

Also, as mentioned in lecture on Thursday and a previous e-mail, I'll be
expanding my Tue evening office hours so they'll be 7-9 PM.

I have had a couple of questions the last couple of days about mechanisms.
I will go over them during the review.  I would suggest trying 14.109 and
14.110 and then the last question from the extra Ch 14 problems at the
"Textbook EOCE" link,

CH 14 - Kinetics, Extra Problems and Solutions<https://www.asc.ohio-state.edu/zellmer.1/chem1220/homewk/ch14hmwk_add.pdf>

Dr. Zellmer