take a break for some laughs

Zellmer, Robert zellmer.1 at osu.edu
Sat Apr 29 15:08:05 EDT 2023

I know this is a difficult course and some (okay most) of you are
very glad it's almost over.  I know you're working hard studying for
finals.  Take a short break for some laughs.  Laughing will help
you relax.

I've attached several cartoons that will hopefully make you laugh,
at least a little.  The first two in the first file should make sense.
The 2nd file has some imaginative exam answers given on students'
papers.  These were actual answers on quizzes or exams.  No, you
wouldn't get partial credit for these kinds of answers on your
quizzes or exams.  I wouldn't doubt if some teachers give credit for
these answers for being "creative".  It ends with an award to a
student who's really unlucky.  The third file has some funny signs.
The last one is just a few miscellaneous cartoons.

Maybe when I retire, I'll compile all the "creative" things and
excuses I've encountered over my time here in a book, "My Life as
a College Instructor".  Maybe someone will say "Hey, that was me".

Dr. Zellmer