Errors on Practice Exams

Zellmer, Robert zellmer.1 at osu.edu
Mon Apr 10 15:03:07 EDT 2023

Another lecturer sent something about errors in a couple of practice exams.  There may be
others since these were modified recently from last semester.  Here's what I have so far.

I've corrected them in our Carmen practice exams.  I see some people have done these
already.  You may want to go back and look at them again.

Please let me know if you find errors so I can fix them and pass the info on to the other
classes.

Test 1, Question 29
This is a titration problem.  The incorrect answer (pH = 4.52) seems to be mistakenly flagged
as being correct in Carmen.  The video solution gives the correct answer.

Test 3, Question 3
The question as asked and the video solution are not quite the same.  The balanced eqn
given and standard potentials are correct.  The correct answer is marked.   However, the
concentrations for the ions in solution in the half cells was not given in the question.  The
video solution shows things done correctly.

Dr. Zellmer