[AFS_OSU] Melt-supervisor job in Delaware OH at Liberty Casting

Moodispaw, Michael P. moodispaw.4 at buckeyemail.osu.edu
Tue May 18 07:44:56 EDT 2021

All,

Jessica L. Ulmer-West from Liberty Casting<https://libertycasting.com/>, OH, informed me that they are currently looking for a melt-supervisor position open up and are looking at OSU MSE/WE and foundry club for potential applicants:

We’ve had a supervisor position open up on our 3rd shift melt crew and I wanted to see if you had any recent graduates or someone getting ready to graduate that may be interested in the position. They would be working with a long-time supervisor who has years of experience and working with the hourly employees to ensure that the shift runs safely and efficiently.

The melt shift supervisor will be learning and working with the primary melt supervisor on third shift. It would consist of learning how to schedule the melt heats and pours. They would also help ensure that the furnace chemistries were correct and the ladles poured timely. There is paperwork involved that they would be trained to complete as well; this would include the chemistries, the pour times, whether the casting is certified or not, the iron type, weight, and various other items. They also physically help on the shift; this could be operating a furnace or helping pour a ladle. They would ensure the shift operates efficiently through managing the employees and the melt processes.

If interested in finding out more about the position or applying, please reach out to julmerwest at libertycasting.com.

Best,

Michael Moodispaw
​​​Graduate Research Associate, he/him
Lightweight Materials and Manufacturing Research Lab
Foundry Club Chair
Material Science and Engineering, OSU

moodispaw.4 at osu.edu, Fontana Lab 2165