[AFS_OSU] Foundry Club (AFS) Kickoff Meeting SP21

Moodispaw, Michael P. moodispaw.4 at buckeyemail.osu.edu
Fri Jan 22 12:58:09 EST 2021

All,

Foundry Club (American Foundry Society) will have its first kickoff and orientation meeting for the semester the week of 2/1/2021.

Foundry club is a practical, hands on and educational approach to all things metals casting and foundry related. Our goal is to provide students with information and experience in the foundry industry not necessarily provided in class. Our university also has the unique advantage of having a working foundry in the MSE complex. Our activities normally include educational and professional talks, working in the MacQuigg foundry with aluminum casting, touring industrial foundries, and design projects.

If you are interested in learning more, or if you are already a member, please fill out THIS POLL<https://www.when2meet.com/?10796633-sEG6i> so we can choose a meeting time that works the best.

We are excited to get the semester started! If you have any questions, feel free to reply directly to me on this email.

Best,

Michael Moodispaw
​​​Graduate Research Associate, he/him
Lightweight Materials and Manufacturing Research Lab
Foundry Club Chair
Material Science and Engineering, OSU

moodispaw.4 at osu.edu, Fontana Lab 2165