[AFS_OSU] AFS - Meeting(s) Reminder and Scholarship Opportunity

Moodispaw, Michael P. moodispaw.4 at buckeyemail.osu.edu
Sun Oct 4 11:54:02 EDT 2020

All,

The AFS scholarship is now available and attached to this email (due Nov 13th). If you are interested in applying, fill out the attached application and return it via email to moodispaw.4 at osu.edu AND johnharmeyer at fishercaststeel.com. The scholarship is based on interest in the foundry industry, academic standing, and participation in foundry club. I would encourage all club members to apply. I believe there is $4,500 available for OSU foundry club members this year in scholarships! Let me know if you have any questions.

Also, please remember to join us for our next two meetings!

This week: Tuesday (10/6) at 6:00pm, Dr. Alan Luo will be giving a presentation about the foundry/casting industry:
https://osu.zoom.us/j/95063118028?pwd=dnB6dGhnTWVDcUYzNWhwN1FxR1ByZz09

Meeting ID: 950 6311 8028
Password: 177719

Next Week: Thursday (10/15) at 6:00pm we will be having the AFS industry - student meeting. This meeting with AFS industry members is a chance to hear about AFS and scholarship opportunities mentioned above, as well as to ask industry members any questions you have about the casting/foundry industry! More information will be sent closer to the date, but please mark it on your calendars now so you don't miss it!

Hope to see everyone Tuesday!

Best,

Michael Moodispaw
​​​Graduate Research Associate
Light Materials and Manufacturing Research Lab
Foundry Club Chair
Material Science and Engineering, OSU

moodispaw.4 at osu.edu, he/him/his, Watts 384