[AFS_OSU] Two Club Events

Moodispaw, Michael P. moodispaw.4 at buckeyemail.osu.edu
Fri Jan 24 15:11:52 EST 2020

Hello,

There will be a foundry session (casting session) this coming Monday (Jan. 27th) from 1-3pm. Come late or leave early if you need to. The location is the basement of MacQuigg. You must wear long pants, closed toed shoes (durable) and ensure your ankles are not showing.

For anyone who missed the meeting this week, we will be going on a tour of St. Mary Foundry in Ohio on Feb. 4th (Tuesday). St. Mary Foundry does specialty steel and iron products. The details are as follows and it is totally free:

  *   Departure from Watts Hall (Feb 4th) between 11:30-11:45am
  *   Arrive at St. Mary around 1:45-2:00pm
  *   Tour St. Mary Foundry including seeing the overall facility, open molds (dies), and finally to see pouring operations of molten steel/iron
  *   Potentially have dinner paid for by St. Mary nearby
  *   Depart for OSU between 6-7pm (not a firm time)
  *   Arrive at Watts around an hour an half after departing

If you signed up at the meeting to go, or if you want to go, please reply to this email ASAP directly to confirm that you will be going. If confirm you are going and later decide you cannot attend, please let me know ASAP. Once we have a headcount we will figure out the carpool.

Michael Moodispaw
​​​Graduate Research Associate
Light Metals and Manufacturing Research Lab
Foundry Club Chair
Material Science and Engineering, OSU

moodispaw.4 at osu.edu, Watts 384