[AFS_OSU] Foundry session this week

Moodispaw, Michael P. moodispaw.4 at buckeyemail.osu.edu
Mon Nov 4 10:09:58 EST 2019

Good morning everyone,

We will be having a casting session this Thursday from about 12-2pm in the MacQuigg basement. You guys will get to pick the patterns we will be making this week from a selection of patterns we already have. Please remember to wear pants, closed toed shoes, and natural fiber clothing, otherwise you will not be allowed into the foundry. There is no training to complete before coming.

If you haven't done so already, please vote for a new pattern(s) idea using the following link (select any option for the foundry time):
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfYKL8V4Qr03mOSgsrhHvWyMjrwAW2vkUo4LPF0ptdh-N6PWg/viewform?usp=sf_link

Also, as I mentioned in our last meeting, we will be having a industry professional come and give a talk. He is curious about what you all want to hear/learn about. If you are particularly interested in a specific type of process or teqnique or anything please email me and let me know soon.

Finally, fill out the AFS scholarship (attached) and send it back to me, Colin, or the contact on the form. Scholarships are due by the 16th of this month. I have only recieved one or two myself.

Best,

Michael Moodispaw
​​​Graduate Research Associate
Light Metals and Manufacturing Research Lab
Department of Material Science and Engineering
Foundry Club Chair-in-Training

moodispaw.4 at osu.edu