[AFS_OSU] Summer Internship Opportunity

Ridgeway, Colin D. ridgeway.38 at buckeyemail.osu.edu
Tue Apr 10 08:58:33 EDT 2018

All,

Please see the message below that I received from John Deere.  They are looking for a summer intern.

Hello,

My name is Neelambari, I am the University Relations Recruiter at John Deere and we are looking for students for the summer internship for 2018 for John Deere Foundry in Waterloo, Iowa .

Please find below more information on the positions.

We would like to know if there are any students looking for a summer internship. Can you email me their resumes?

Interested students can also reach out to me directly via email and I can guide them with the application process.

Requisition #

Req Type

Function

Primary Location

Req. Internal Description

Req. Internal Qualifications

Degree

50728822

Summer Intern

Manufacturing Engineering

Waterloo, IA

DUTIES:This is an intern position as Engineer for the John Deere Foundry. Duties include : Creating a daily production report Working with the Safety group tracking and managing improvements Working with Continuous Improvement coordinator to onboard 2 new reps and improve CI process

REQUIRED:
Bachelor's Degree in an Engineering or Technology discipline
*Knowledge of manufacturing and/or maintenance processes, quality, tooling, tooling design, and facilities. *Interest in working in a Foundry
* Helpful if attending a school affiliated with the Foundry Education Foundation.
DESIRED:
*Manufacturing engineering classes or mechanical engineering classes
*Strong IT skills a plus

EDUCATION:
*        Strong Mechanical Engineering or Manufacturing Engineering skill set.
*        Advanced IT skills a plus.

50728816

Summer Intern

Manufacturing Engineering

Waterloo, IA

DUTIES:This is an intern position as a Manufacturing Engineer at the John Deere Foundry. Duties include monitoring and reporting to PM completions, creating part numbers in SAP for equipment components, creating BOM's for equipment, and working with Maintenance Engineers to complete equipment projects. Working in Mold, Melt, Core and Clean departments to aid manufacturing engineers with daily activities and projects, TPM meetings and CI projects

REQUIRED:
Bachelor's Degree in an Engineering discipline *Knowledge of manufacturing and/or distribution processes, quality, tooling, tooling design, total preventive maintenance and facilities. Interest in working in a foundry. Required to attend a school that is affiliated with the Foundry Educational Foundation.
DESIRED:
*Skill in computer aided design and/or engineering tools.
*Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing principles

EDUCATION:
*        Focus in Engineering or Manufacturing Technology, required to attend a school that is affiliated with the Foundry Educational Foundation.

Regards,

Neelambari Ghare
University Relations Recruiter
North America Recruiting and Staffing