[AFS_OSU] AFS Upcoming Events

Riffle, Kelsey G. riffle.81 at buckeyemail.osu.edu
Mon Mar 6 10:02:25 EST 2017

Hi all!
We have a few events coming up this week that you should be aware of.

Foundry Time
We will be making name plates for local professionals that have given talks or tours.
When: Wednesday, March 8th (2:00 PM - 4:00 PM)
Where: Foundry (MQ 050)

Foundry in a Box Training
The central Ohio chapter of AFS will be giving a talk about foundry in a box, which is an outreach toolkit that can be used to teach children about the foundry.  This is a super great opportunity and we are hoping to incorporate some outreach into our organization over the next year.
When: Thursday, March 9th (5:30 PM - 8:00 PM)
Where: Holiday Inn - Worthington (7007 N. High Street)
** If you need a ride to this event, please send me an email ASAP!  We would love to have as many members there as possible.  Don't forget to RSVP for a chance to win $50! (http://www.afscentralohio.org/)

Raising Cane's Fundraiser
Support our club by eating some delicious Cane's!  Our club will get 20% of all money spent as long as you present the flyer attached to this email.  Share this with your friends too!  The more people that go, the more projects we can do!
When: Thursday, March 23rd (4:00 PM - 10:00 PM)
Where: Raising Cane's (10 E. 11th Ave.)

Blue Jackets Fundraiser
Another great way to support foundry club!  Join local foundry professionals at the Blue Jackets v. Flyers game!  You will be able to network with professionals while supporting a local hockey team (or not local if you're a Flyers fan).  You can purchase your tickets here (https://groupmatics.events/event/OSUFoundry2). The last day to purchase tickets is March 20th.
When: Saturday, March 25th (2:00 PM)
Where: Nationwide Arena

Have a great week and I hope to see you on Wednesday and/or Thursday! [😊]

Kelsey Riffle

The Ohio State University | Materials Science and Engineering
Secretary | American Foundry Society OSU Chapter
Big-Little Coordinator | Society of Women Engineers OSU Chapter
(740) 973-2020 | riffle.81 at osu.edu