[AFS_OSU] Foundry Club February Newsletter

Hicks, Tori hicks.462 at buckeyemail.osu.edu
Fri Jan 27 15:17:37 EST 2017

Hi everyone! Here is everything you need to know for February!

Mark Your Calendars:

Thurs. Feb 2: SolidCast with Mark Steils

Wed. Feb 8: Foundry Time

Thurs. Feb 23: Foundry Time

SolidCast with Mark Steils

When: 5:30pm Thurs. February 2nd

Where: Macquigg 160

What: Our first professional development meeting this semester with Mark Steils! Mark will be giving a presentation on SolidCast and SOLIDWORKS. He will also talk about his experience in the foundry. There will be some yummy food at this meeting [😊]

Foundry Time

When: 2-4pm Wed. Feb. 8th

Where: Foundry - Macquigg 050

What: We will be casting name plates for Mark Steils and Rob Hill (who gave the foundry tour of O.S. Kelly) to give as a thank you gift.

Foundry Time

When: 9-11am Thurs. Feb. 23rd

Where: Foundry - Macquigg 050

What: We will be making molds and casting in the foundry!

Other Important Notes:

JOIN FEF

When: Right now [cid:4a02d484-9ea6-44d9-9fdc-e315211618b6]

Where: http://www.fefinc.org/component/users/?view=registration

Why: Foundry Educational Foundation (FEF) is AWESOME

1. It is free!

2. You can get scholarships through FEF

3. You can look at internship and job postings

4. OSU is certified through FEF

5. Its super easy to sign up

Need more reasons or help signing up? Please contact Tori Hicks (hicks.462 at osu.edu)

Foundry Club GroupMe

Foundry club has a GroupMe for meeting reminders!

Email your cell number to hicks.462 at osu.edu if you would like to be added :)

Officer Shadowing

Are you interested in becoming a foundry club officer next year? You can shadow an officer before elections to see what we do! Please contact Kelsey Riffle (riffle.81 at osu.edu) if you are interested!

Follow AFS OSU on Social Media

We post meeting times, foundry photos, and donut pics [cid:4a02d484-9ea6-44d9-9fdc-e315211618b6]

Instagram: afs.osu

Facebook: Afs Osu

Twitter: afs_osu

Website: http://u.osu.edu/afsatosu/

Questions?

Please contact Tori Hicks (hicks.462 at osu.edu) if you have questions or would like more information on what we do in the foundry!

Have a great weekend!!

Best,

[1457591741436_signature.png]
Tori Hicks
Vice-Chair | American Foundry Society OSU Chapter
Sponsorship Director | The Society of Women Engineers
Secretary | Kappa Theta Epsilon
College of Engineering Materials Science and Engineering
Mobile: 330-858-1563 | hicks.462 at osu.edu