[Vwoolf] Coronation horses

Marielle O'Neill (1806529) PHD M.ONeill at leedstrinity.ac.uk
Sat May 6 05:33:03 EDT 2023

Dear Woolfians,

Not sure how relevant this is or how accurate (I'm sure I will be corrected) but the horses pulling the King's carriage are decorated in royal blue and they remind me of the horses mentioned in Between The Acts so a possible inspiration for VW. I had originally thought those horses were fantastical but perhaps VW was inspired somewhat by the royal horses. Of course, the Three Guinea references are almost too obvious to mention.

Warm wishes,
Marielle

Marielle O'Neill
Doctoral Researcher, Leeds Trinity University:
https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://research.leedstrinity.ac.uk/en/persons/marielle-oneill__;!!KGKeukY!2-fzNyeoTgNKlDAGptdGsM3g_t0STjRUH4bmAAd6rJlwvhcV_mn2ieQgARtwY4Eideo4jiogwSz-XIqDvtYafGvYeZt4S2f3hMau90JX1w$
Executive Council Member, Virginia Woolf Society of Great Britain:
https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://www.virginiawoolfsociety.org.uk/events/__;!!KGKeukY!2-fzNyeoTgNKlDAGptdGsM3g_t0STjRUH4bmAAd6rJlwvhcV_mn2ieQgARtwY4Eideo4jiogwSz-XIqDvtYafGvYeZt4S2f3hMbkJbXLTA$
Submissions Editor, Excursions x Outside/rs
Vol. 13 No. 1 (2023): Outside/rs 2022 - SPECIAL ISSUE | Excursions Journal (sussex.ac.uk)<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://excursions-journal.sussex.ac.uk/index.php/excursions/issue/view/outsiders__;!!KGKeukY!2-fzNyeoTgNKlDAGptdGsM3g_t0STjRUH4bmAAd6rJlwvhcV_mn2ieQgARtwY4Eideo4jiogwSz-XIqDvtYafGvYeZt4S2f3hMYT9JG1Lw$ >
Programming Co-chair, Outside/rs 2022 Conference:
https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://outsiders2022.wordpress.com/__;!!KGKeukY!2-fzNyeoTgNKlDAGptdGsM3g_t0STjRUH4bmAAd6rJlwvhcV_mn2ieQgARtwY4Eideo4jiogwSz-XIqDvtYafGvYeZt4S2f3hMbI_1KGvw$
Email: m.oneill at leedstrinity.ac.uk<mailto:m.oneill at leedstrinity.ac.uk>
Pronouns: She/Her

This message is for the stated recipient/s only, please do not include others in your reply or forward to others. Thank you.