[Vwoolf] Virginia Woolf Society Turkey - Dr Lee Okan "Time's Fluidity: Analyzing Virginia Woolf's 'Orlando' through Henri Bergson's Philosophy of Duration"

Virginia Woolf in Türkiye virginiawoolfturkiye at gmail.com
Thu Jun 29 15:21:51 EDT 2023

Dear all,

We are delighted to announce that Virginia Woolf Society Turkey has been
established 🎊 As the official Society in Turkey, our overall aim is to
expand Woolf scholarship in Turkey, and create productive and supportive
collaborations. To this end, we will examine and read Virginia Woolf's
literature,
compare her work to other writers' works and investigate the journey of her
works in Turkey. We know how important scholarly collaborations and
networks are, so every Woolfian is welcome. We would be pleased if you
would like to join our team, share your ideas for talks, blog writings,
and/or projects on Virginia Woolf and her connection to Turkey.

As the first event of our Society, we are going to have an online talk by *Dr
Lee Okan* from Lesley University. The title of her talk is *"Time's
Fluidity: Analyzing Virginia Woolf's 'Orlando' through Henri Bergson's
Philosophy of Duration"*. You are warmly invited to this online event which
will be held on *04.07.2023 at 19.00 pm (TR time)*. In this talk we are
going to explore the use of time and its intertwining with gender and
identity, particularly in relation to Henri Bergson's theories of time and
duration with Dr Okan. Join us to see how Woolf defies traditional
conceptions of time! Please find attached the poster for Dr Okan's talk.

The event will take place online via Zoom. Please register to attend at
Eventbrite:
https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/analyzing-virginia-woolfs-orlando-through-henri-bergsons-philosophy-tickets-668406209967__;!!KGKeukY!yMj8vbXQUSlLacZWfBxONKla73vq4Zs6WsG023Ka9YJ7p1uMgu7i6bXthQDzbnRFvJBm35yBaK7n-oYsaW7qfTo8T0GXgA$

In case you have any problems connecting Eventbrite, please find Zoom ID
and passcode for the meeting copied below:

Zoom ID: 995 3746 0511
Zoom Passcode: 136256

We don't have an Instagram account yet, but you can follow us on Twitter
from @VWoolfTurkiye.

For further queries and to be included in the email list, please contact
virginiawoolfturkiye at gmail.com and/or demetkarabulut62 at hotmail.com.

All good wishes,

Virginia Woolf Society Turkey