[Vwoolf] Woolf and AI

Christine Froula cfroula at northwestern.edu
Fri Jul 14 06:44:56 EDT 2023

On the broader subject of AI and literature, this human mind-boggling
report has, among other things, an account of an AI program's completion
of a 6 word short story attributed to Hemingway. To my mind it
highlights the difference between human imaginative genius and the
algorithm's assiduously conventionalizing imitation.

https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.cbsnews.com/news/google-artificial-intelligence-future-60-minutes-transcript-2023-07-09/__;!!KGKeukY!x0gFSYTDniZ-ie00KvR19Ev3U_yr-Nc-zluhhJ6Sv7LJiuvtZHeoxptEgAorTZsUyb_zb6vovxWgnuu1Dcd2wiTufuo$
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.cbsnews.com/news/google-artificial-intelligence-future-60-minutes-transcript-2023-07-09/__;!!Dq0X2DkFhyF93HkjWTBQKhk!S_v0sBBa00hNqwsRYUWYUW7WcAq-7thdYjYT-BaczDVAiKQDHkMnJNMTYTxLVqWaPjxLL_lvTMMrxj143ClFSTdz$>

Christine