[Vwoolf] [External] Re: [The Washington Post] Review | A failing academic tries to retain her optimism in ‘The Guest Lecture’—not Virginia Woolf but all about JM Keynes

Sarah M. Hall smhall123 at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Jan 20 10:28:29 EST 2023

 Jeremy (large insect alert),

https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.wildlifetrusts.org/wildlife-explorer/invertebrates/grasshoppers-and-crickets/great-green-bush-cricket__;!!KGKeukY!xizHHpQTib3ikERSFqB8MHQv-DqTRPoIp9BO3uhV9AFu2GaeXnUOU1ldmS6sG8kX7uUhYwS-OHsF2vvbai1EoS2U$
A specimen of this landed on my partner's sleeve at Agatha Christie's house in Devon last summer. Rather prehistoric-looking. It says 7cm on the web page but my hyperbolic memory tells me that ours was twice that.

Confusingly, some crickets are green (like this one), which I always thought meant that they were grasshoppers. But some grasshoppers are brown and look like crickets. There's a life lesson there somewhere.

Sarah

Sarah M. Hall
Executive Council, Virginia Woolf Society of GB
Web: virginiawoolfsociety.org.uk
Facebook: @VWSGB
Twitter: @VirginiaWoolfGB
Instagram: @virginiawoolfsociety