[Vwoolf] MLA panel call for papers

AMY SMITH acsmith3 at lamar.edu
Tue Feb 28 12:47:27 EST 2023

Hi everyone,

I've written a call for papers for a proposed panel at the 2024 MLA (Philadelphia, PA). I've had some good proposals but I'm interested in seeing if anybody has something to add. If you know of folks who might be interested, please spread the word. I appreciate it! I hope you're all having a great week.

-Amy
Modernism and Myth: Beyond Eliot's Mythical Method
Seeking papers that explore modernist engagements with myth (Greek or otherwise) that diverge from & challenge the dominance of Eliot's 'mythical method' and the implications of those differences. 250 word abstracts.

Deadline for submissions: Friday, 17 March 2023 (extended)
Amy Smith, Lamar University (AMY.SMITH at lamar.edu <mailto:AMY.SMITH at lamar.edu> )

Amy C. Smith (she/her)
Professor, English & Modern Languages
Shaver Distinguished Faculty Fellow in Teaching
Lamar University, Member The Texas State University System
Author, Virginia Woolf's Mythic Method
Organizer, 31st Annual International Conference on Virginia Woolf: Virginia Woolf and Ethics

CONFIDENTIALITY: Any information contained in this e-mail (including attachments) is the property of The State of Texas and unauthorized disclosure or use is prohibited. Sending, receiving or forwarding of confidential, proprietary and privileged information is prohibited under Lamar Policy. If you received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender and delete this e-mail from your system.