[Vwoolf] Woolf’s good food guide

Alice Lowe alicelowe88 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 13 13:17:02 EDT 2023

My paper at the 2010 conference, published in the selected works from that
year, was "A Certain Hold on Haddock and Sausage: Dining Well in Virginia
Woolf's Life and Work." From numerous passages in her letters and diaries
as well as her novels, there is little doubt she relished & appreciated
good food. Traveling in France with Vita, she describes the food in several
letters to Leonard as well as in her diary. Read about: "the vastest most
delicious meal I have ever eaten..." (L3:534) and "a first rate dinner
thought out and presided over by a graceful young chef..." (D4:317).

*Alice Lowe*
*https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://www.aliceloweblogs.wordpress.com__;!!KGKeukY!w5VCZfOPsB2DkUj8rdgZZxQ8-g3sykJeySXINVyYhb-Nw0qfBYPamJQcByf-0rIoBgkVJfCq07af5aItfAc8OLfUDlIxNaaCwdRy$  * <https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://www.alicelowblogs.wordpress.com__;!!KGKeukY!w5VCZfOPsB2DkUj8rdgZZxQ8-g3sykJeySXINVyYhb-Nw0qfBYPamJQcByf-0rIoBgkVJfCq07af5aItfAc8OLfUDlIxNfYXpGiv$ >