[Vwoolf] Woolf in Conversation

Eleanor McNees Eleanor.McNees at du.edu
Tue Sep 20 15:26:49 EDT 2022

Dear Kristina,
I echo Pat’s idea. I’ve taught a graduate course on Woolf and the Victorians for many years, varying it as I choose. I focused heavily on her father’s essays as well as on novels about which Woolf frequently wrote—Jane Eyre, David Copperfield, Middlemarch, Far From the Madding Crowd, and were I to teach this again (now retired), I’d probably include Meredith. Many of the graduate students read these novels (amazingly) for the first time in my seminar!

Best,
Eleanor
Eleanor
Eleanor McNees, PhD