[Vwoolf] Woolf in Conversation

Andrea Zemgulys zemgulys at umich.edu
Mon Sep 19 14:27:01 EDT 2022

Dear Kristina,

I haven’t read it yet, but a former student just let me know of a book she is publishing that is “found Woolf poetry.” I gather that she composed new poems from favorite Woolf passages.

Nazifa Islam, Forlorn Light: “...published with a small UK publisher so there hasn't been a lot of advertising for the collection, but here <https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.shearsman.com/store/Nazifa-Islam-Forlorn-Light-p362124177__;!!KGKeukY!39ZkxFsoltFWSS8qLos1wbFO8I9K5RUJqMfPptldUdJRaTmbtqrmtrmL6VJ78Zrmejq-NeAXd1f-vImR8OhJBJc$  > is the book's webpage on the Shearsman Books site and here's <https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.nazifaislam.com/forlorn-light__;!!KGKeukY!39ZkxFsoltFWSS8qLos1wbFO8I9K5RUJqMfPptldUdJRaTmbtqrmtrmL6VJ78Zrmejq-NeAXd1f-vImRTQCbvB0$  > the book's webpage on my own website, which is a bit more detailed."

Maybe something from this book will work for you…or you could have your students compose their own “found” poems — that might work very well for an assignment!

Sincerely,

Andrea Zemgulys
Michigan, USA