[Vwoolf] Woolf in conversation ideas

Jeanette E McVicker mcvicker at fredonia.edu
Sun Sep 18 15:44:00 EDT 2022

Dear Kristina,
So many good recs already on the list! I too wish you a great success with
the class and would like to know what you ended up with in your syllabus!

I've had some great UG conversations with majors and non-majors around a
pairing of *AROO *with Louise Erdrich's *The Round House. *We also looked
at Kabe Wilson's work as part of those discussions.

I also grouped *Jacob's Room* with Morrison's *Beloved *(as Michael S
suggested), Valerie Luiselli's *Lost Children Archive *and Colson
Whitehead's *The Underground Railroad* in a senior seminar last spring
themed around 'hauntings'. Students made some amazing connections among
those four texts.

best, Jeanette

--
Jeanette McVicker, Ph.D.