[Vwoolf] Upcoming Berg exhibition on VW...

Nicola Wilson n.l.wilson at reading.ac.uk
Tue Oct 25 06:32:22 EDT 2022

Dear all,

Shared on behalf of Carolyn Vega, The Berg:

"Virginia Woolf: A Modern Mind" is set to open November 3rd and run into the new year.

'This is our first major exhibition to focus on Woolf since 1993. This biographical exhibition will be tightly focused on her life and creative process; we explore the production of several novels, and there will also be sections on nonfiction and the Hogarth Press, and some attention will be paid to the development of Vanessa Bell's dust jacket designs as well. The main sections will be bookended by smaller introductory and legacy sections, and the diary will weave the visitor throughout the whole exhibition. It will be in our smaller gallery, but we are still packing in close to 100 items - so hopefully it will be lush and exciting. The exhibition will be drawn exclusively from the Library's collections, primarily from the long-held materials and William Beekman Collection, and also a few recent acquisitions including Bell's original drawings for To the Lighthouse and a couple of (minor) unpublished letters.'

Upcoming Exhibitions | The New York Public Library (nypl.org)<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.nypl.org/events/exhibitions/upcoming__;!!KGKeukY!0Z8_wcxiDjyqhTP_E-f2soY4L-t5fNsd7kaiUKDRA_oaw2NA79A7TgfnQnKuH2udrHP6UBsKkjILmAZqE9BRVRW3qy4M$  >

Ab
Nicola

Dr Nicola Wilson
Associate Professor in Book and Publishing Studies
English Literature, School of Literature and Languages, Edith Morley, Whiteknights, PO Box 218, Reading, RG6 6AA
Tel: +44 (0)118 378 5272  |  Twitter: @Nicola_LWilson

Co-director of the Centre for Book Cultures and Publishing<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://research.reading.ac.uk/centre-for-book-cultures-and-publishing/__;!!KGKeukY!0Z8_wcxiDjyqhTP_E-f2soY4L-t5fNsd7kaiUKDRA_oaw2NA79A7TgfnQnKuH2udrHP6UBsKkjILmAZqE9BRVUUkTyK9$  >

Co-director of the Modernist Archives Publishing Project<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.modernistarchives.com__;!!KGKeukY!0Z8_wcxiDjyqhTP_E-f2soY4L-t5fNsd7kaiUKDRA_oaw2NA79A7TgfnQnKuH2udrHP6UBsKkjILmAZqE9BRVWn9yp0_$  >

Strand editor, 'Women, Publishing, and Book Culture', CUP Elements series on Publishing and Book Culture

My most recent publication is a collaboratively-authored article, available open access: 'Digital Critical Archives, Copyright and Feminist Praxis<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s10502-021-09384-x__;!!KGKeukY!0Z8_wcxiDjyqhTP_E-f2soY4L-t5fNsd7kaiUKDRA_oaw2NA79A7TgfnQnKuH2udrHP6UBsKkjILmAZqE9BRVZrpenT9$  >'