[Vwoolf] One way of saving money

Stuart N. Clarke stuart.n.clarke at btinternet.com
Wed May 11 05:11:47 EDT 2022

I get a bookseller’s catalog, which includes a book I’ve never heard of: WEST, Rachel, "ONWARDS AND DOWNWARDS" (Somerset, Cider Brandy Scribblers, 2015), 163pp.

The author "grew up in Rodmell and adjacent towns, knew [LSW & VW] casually, and reports on her interactions with them and growing up generally in a small Sussex village - her grandmother helped at [MH] and her great-Grandfather was [LSW's] gardener; [LSW] advised her grandfather on getting a divorce which her grandmother refused to give".

Price: $95.

So, I go to https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.bookfinder.com__;!!KGKeukY!14eq12Cnc8IL0pUiG_cS82CGbbMh0XnM2koGDJlqq3d3YfgiG5sUkwoI6uRS17cEycqXUrvC6pHpiO-cQ2i5lAVCMCRy05m_XQ$  – and, whaddya know, I was able to buy a NEW copy from Blackwell’s for £6.99 (saved 50p) inc. postage