[Vwoolf] Daisy

Ellen Moody ellen.moody at gmail.com
Sat May 7 09:29:18 EDT 2022

I suggest the name Daisy was associated with servants.  A classic modern
case:  Daisy in Downton Abbey.  In Little Women, the oldest sister,
Margaret or Meg, has
twins and one girl is called Daisy to distinguish her from her mother.  Meg
and Maggie seem to have retained connotations with upper class casualness
as in
Lady Betty for Lady Elizabeth.

Ellen Moody