[Vwoolf] Outside/rs Conference 2 and 3rd April

Marielle O'Neill (1806529) PHD M.ONeill at leedstrinity.ac.uk
Thu Mar 17 06:35:39 EDT 2022

Dear Woolfians,

I am writing regarding the Outside/rs conference which I am co-organising. Outside/rs is a conference for postgraduates researching society's outsiders, in terms of race, class, gender and sexuality. You are welcome to join us in-person at the University of Brighton on Saturday 2nd April, and virtually via Zoom on Sunday 3rd April. Or you can join us both days on Zoom.

Register for Outside/rs before 25th March:
https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://bit.ly/OutsidersRegister__;!!KGKeukY!iSL0m6ZyaP4mDHMIBwhsk46H8il-OzFMk8GRz1F9_UpS0sKYwt1HgOh3iBeRj5Z8uMQ$

View our full conference programme here:
https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://bit.ly/OutsidersProgramme__;!!KGKeukY!iSL0m6ZyaP4mDHMIBwhsk46H8il-OzFMk8GRz1F9_UpS0sKYwt1HgOh3iBeR3uQScj0$

I would like to draw your attention to the Queer Bloomsbury Panel on Sunday 3rd April at 15:15 - 16:15 London time. The panel features:

Jane Goldman: 'Is Flush Queer? Virginia Woolf's antifascist toolkit'
Madelyn Detloff: 'What resources does Queer Bloomsbury have to offer outsiders in times of crisis?'
Samson Dittrich: 'The role of the Whip in Duncan Grant's Erotic Drawings'.

Outside/rs will also host two keynote lectures:

Community Keynote:
Saturday 2nd April
Misa Akane, Trans Pride Brighton - 'Trans Pride: Celebrating Our Community'

Virtual Keynote:
Sunday 3rd April
Dr. S.N. Nyeck (Nelson Mandela University) - 'Mystagogy of the Spirit: A Womanist Undergirding of Wakanda (Black Panther)'

In addition to academic presentations and panels, we are excited to host a selection of workshops from: Newham Anti-Raids, Black Girls Hike UK, Queer China UK, Polyglamorous, Brighton UCU, Queer History Now, Queer Crafts Brighton and the Science Museum.

For any questions, further information on travel subsidies, and to volunteer at the conference, please e-mail outsiders2022 at gmail.com<mailto:outsiders2022 at gmail.com>

Warm wishes,
Marielle

Marielle O'Neill
Doctoral Researcher, Leeds Trinity University
Executive Council Member, Virginia Woolf Society of Great Britain
https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://www.virginiawoolfsociety.org.uk/events/__;!!KGKeukY!iSL0m6ZyaP4mDHMIBwhsk46H8il-OzFMk8GRz1F9_UpS0sKYwt1HgOh3iBeRdVO5VEY$
Programming Co-chair, Outside/rs 2022 Conference
https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://outsiders2022.wordpress.com/__;!!KGKeukY!iSL0m6ZyaP4mDHMIBwhsk46H8il-OzFMk8GRz1F9_UpS0sKYwt1HgOh3iBeRdBr9vxs$
m.oneill at leedstrinity.ac.uk
Pronouns: She/Her